A few list things for you all today!
1. Took a big step on #8:
8. Earn my carry permit / take a handgun course.
Registered for my handgun safety and permit class with Guns and Leather (What can I say? The name is simple and to the point. No confusion on what they sell, that is for sure). So in just a few short weeks, I’ll sit in a classroom for half a day, and then get certified at 9, 21, and 45 feet. I’ll take pictures, but I promise, not while shooting. I think that just might be against the rules.
2. Some progress on another one:
15. Have a photograph published.
I recently submitted the following photos to Spirit magazine, the airline magazine for Southwest Airlines. We’ll see how it goes, but here are the ones that I sent in:
You’ve seen them before, from the trip to Colorado, but these were the ones that I thought were my “best shots”.
3. I took a big step towards #29.
29. Finish my Paw-Paw’s book.
The crate of writings and notes from my grandfather’s book are now sitting at my desk in the house. I have not cracked it yet, but Summer is traveling for a bit next week, leaving me with some days off of work while I take care of the kids, so more on that later. Seeing what is ahead of me for this, to be honest, I am a little overwhelmed. Writing in a blog is one thing … I mean, heck, almost no one reads this. But I don’t know anything about writing a novel. This is going to be an adventure, for sure.
4. This is post day 105. That means 105 days without my sweet sweet Mountain Dew … or anything else bubbly. This is a miracle. Seriously. A miracle.
5. September is vegetarian month. I …. am …. insane. Now that I am past that, any folks out there that do not partake of the meat? I need to do a little research on what variety I might toy with. I am serious about it, but I want to do my homework. Help me out here folks.
Folks have a great day!
Tomorrow – review of the popular Marriage-help book: The Love Dare.